Nominated person

Picture of a young man standing in a doorway

Do you have to deal with Inland Revenue yourself?

No - you can authorise another person (a "nominated person") to deal with us.

How do you nominate a person?

You can give us the information by completing an Elect someone to act on your behalf (IR597) (external link) form. Or you can call us on 0800 227 774. We'll ask for your nominated person's full name and their IRD number. We'll also ask which matters you want them to deal with, and how long you want the arrangement to last.

How does your nominated person access your information?

When your nominated person calls us we'll confirm their identity before we give them any information about you.

How do you cancel your nominated person?

If you want to cancel your nominated person's access to your records, call us on 0800 227 774.

What if you do want to deal with Inland Revenue?

Contact us on-line, using our automated phone service, by phone or in writing.